On Wednesday 8th July we celebrated our wonderful United Kingdom. There was bunting, flags and...
I would like to take this opportunity thank our culture & diversity ambassadors for doing...
As we approach the 100th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme next year, it is harder than...
Young Market – on Saturday 11th July, a large number of Year 11 GCSE Business Studies students...
On Tuesday 7th July, a small group of Year 9 students took part in an all-day Ceramic workshop...
Year 13 students bid a fond farewell to their “salad days” Showing the kind of prescience that...
'A Level Results Day' is always a stressful one for all concerned; students, teachers and parents. However, it is the news of our students’ success that makes the hard work of the previous two years worthwhile. It was wonderful to see the smiles and happy tears flowing as students received their grades and had their university places confirmed. Some of the ‘headline’ successes include:
- Lulu Song - 3 A* grades and 2 A grades – Architecture at Bath
- Eli Daniels - 4A* grades - Psychology at Birmingham
- Callum Robinson - 3 A* grades and 1 A grade - Medicinal Chemistry at Leeds
- Lizzie Collard - 3 A* grades 1 A grade – Medicine at Newcastle
- Beth Corker - 3 A* grades and 1 A grade – a gap year before applying for Medicine
- Oli Taylor - 2 A* grades and 2 A grades – History at Cambridge
- Phoebe Rimmer - 2 A* grades 1 A and 1B grade – Geography at Cambridge
- Millie Mason - 3 A grades and 1 B grade – English Literature at Sheffield
While these are the ‘headline’ results it is wonderful to be involved with all our students, achieving the success they deserve and helping them make plans for the next steps in their lives.
First Day Back - Arrangements for Thursday 3 September
The programme (unless affected by assemblies) is as follows:
- 8:30—10:51 - Years 7 and 12 with tutors
- 10:20—10:51 - Year 13 with tutors
- 10:30— 10:51 - Yrs 8, 9, 10, 11 with tutors
- 10:51—11:11 - Break
- 11:11 onwards - Normal lessons